"I created this low carb, low salt breakfast burrito so I could grab a quick breakfast on work days. Good item to make ahead of time and put in the freezer"
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 32 ounces egg whites
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups low-sodium swiss cheese, shredded
- 17 la tortilla factory low-carb flour tortillas (large whole wheat)
- mix meat and spices together and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- cook meat and drain off fat.
- while meat is cooking cook eggs and egg whites together in another pan.
- When meat and eggs are done cooking place in large mixing bowl with the shredded cheese and mix till well blended.
- Warm tortillas and then scoop approximately 1/2 cup of filling into tortilla and roll.
- The burritos can then be placed in separate baggies and frozen for future use.