Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Disclaimer: These are Low-Carb and Low-Fat. They will not taste exactly like regular waffles. But if you're looking for a low-carb waffle-shaped food that tastes really good, this is the way to go!
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash Cottage cheese until as smooth as possible (you can also run in through the blender for a second.).
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up waffle maker and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto each waffle mold (1/2 cup total for a double waffle maker).
- Cook as per machine instructions.
- Serve with fresh fruit, sprinkle of Splenda, or Sugar Free Syrup.
- These can be frozen and popped into the toaster to warm as needed.