Recipe by Nocarbmama
You can use this low fat, low carb souffle for a quick snack, dessert or breakfast. This kind of recipe is sometimes referred to as a "mock danish".
Top Review by Tea Jenny
I have been eating low carb for a while now to control my blood sugars, as I am not on meds I am really careful first thing n the morning as I am usually very high first thing so the less carbs I have first thing the better and this was low enough for me without me feeling deprived. I can't get egg beaters here so I used one egg and I crushed a splenda tablet and added that, I don't use the granular one it has more carbs due to bulking agents, and my vanilla was just regular vanilla. I cooked it in a souffle dish for 1 minute 20 seconds my micro is a 850w so I would say that's why mine took longer but it was very nice it was soft and light and felt like I was having pudding for breakfast he he he I liked this a lot and will make it for breakfast again or maybe a snack in the late evening as it was very light. Thank you for posting, made for PAC October 2011.
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese (1/3 less fat )
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 sprays of i can't believe its not butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 2 oz. Cream Cheese in coffee mug and heat in microwave for 40 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Add remaining ingredients into the same mug except for Butter Spray and Cinnamon. Microwave for 50 seconds. Remove from microwave top with pinch of cinnamon and 3 sprays of Butter Spray. Enjoy!