Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a take from a Low Carb Banana Muffin recipe that I just love. Didn't have any bananas one evening so decided to try them with pumpkin. I was unsure of the spices to add so would love some input from others.
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (can substitute 1/2 cup oil)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (can substitute 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grind oatmeal in food processor to fine consistancy. Combine all dry ingredients (except Splenda). In seperate bowl combine all liquid ingredients and Splenda. Combine liquid with dry. Spoon into paper lined muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clean.
The muffins taste very pumpkiny but they are wet even I overcooked them for 10 minutes...I would make them again but with some adjustment maybe add a little WW flour.