Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is modified from one found on SparkPeople.com.
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat gluten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown Sugar Twin (sugar substitute)
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine soy flour, wheat gluten, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add oatmeal and chopped walnuts.
- In a separate container, beat or mix Egg Beaters, butter, and brown sugar substitute until smooth.
- Cut banana into 1-inch pieces, and add banana and vanilla extract to the butter mix. Beat until smooth.
- Add liquid mix to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until even. Batter will be somewhat stiff.
- Drop in walnut-sized pieces on two greased baking pans. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
hi: the recipe was good but like everybody else,made some changes.
1 whole egg = instead of egg beater. 1 and 1/2 banana
added 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1 teaspoon ( Da vinci banana syrup--sugar free.
with those changes ,and doubling the recipe the batter was not so stiff