4 hrs 15 mins
Lise in Indiana's Note:
A rich and creamy cheesecake with a sweet nut crust. If you can find liquid Splenda, it saves many carbs in your daily count. Amazon carries EZ-Sweetz. Granular Splenda's carrier will add carbs to this recipe. Most of the prep time is cooling and chilling the cheesecake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces pecans or 4 ounces almonds
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 drops liquid Splenda
- 1Preheat oven to 325º (F).Prepare a 8" or 9" springform pan (side attached to bottom) by spraying the bottom and sides with cooking spray.Wrap the outside bottom of the pan with a double thickness of foil to protect the cheesecake when placed in the water bath.
- 2In a food processor, pulse the nuts with the flax seed meal until finely ground - don't over-process or you'll have nut paste! Add the sweetener and the butter and pulse a few times to combine well. Evenly press nut mixture in bottom of prepared springform pan. Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes, till fragrant, then cool slightly. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- 3In a 2 quart bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until it is very smooth. Add the liquid Splenda and beat well, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- 4Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each one, scraping the bowl occasionally. Beat in the sour cream.
- 5Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest and beat well. Pour filling into the cooling crust.
- 6Place a large roasting pan on the oven rack, then carefully place the foiled springform pan in roasting pan. Carefully pour about 8 cups of very hot water into the roasting pan, until it reaches two or three inches along the side of the springform pan. This is your Bain Marie or water bath.
- 7Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour, reduce heat to 250º and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, till firm. Turn off the oven and prop the oven door open and allow cheesecake to cool for 1 hour.
- 8Remove cheesecake from oven, run a sharp knife around sides of the pan (but do not remove sides yet) and cool on a rack for another hour.
- 9Loosen the side of the springform pan and carefully remove it. Chill at least 4 hours. When chilled, cut into 12 slices.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Liquid Splenda Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.0
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: