Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I recently had a baby (my 3rd) and started doing a low-carb diet to lose the baby weight. I changed my alfredo sauce recipe slightly to this so I could still enjoy pasta every once in awhile. The more or less parm esan cheese and cream that you add will determine the thickness of your sauce. If too thin, add more cheese and vice versa. The reason I can call this "low carb" linguini is because of the low glycemic index of the 'Dreamfilelds' pasta. You should be able to find it in your local supermarket. I don't believe the 60 total carbs that the nutritional value is showing is correct if you are using this pasta. Any other pasta will not give you the "low carb" effect. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 4 -5 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt (for pasta water)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 -16 ounces light cream, i use lite to lower calories and fat (or heavy cream)
- 1 lb dreamfields linguine
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1. Grill chicken or saute on stove until fully cooked and cut into strips.
- 2. While chicken is cooking, cook pasta according to directions on package.
- 3. While draining pasta in collander, put the hot pot back on stove and put the stick of butter in to begin melting.
- 4. Put drained pasta back into hot pot over the melting butter and pour cream (I use about 12 oz, but you can add more or less to determine thickness of sauce), parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley flakes.
- 5. Mix well and add more cream or parm cheese to adjust the sauce to your desired thickness.
- 6. Put grilled chicken strips on top of pasta and serve!