Recipe by Likkel
Strawberry season is almost upon us and I wanted to be able to enjoy it without totally doing in my low carb diet. Served with some sliced strawberries sprinkled with Splenda inbetween the two cake layers and some fresh (no sugar added) whipped cream...heavenly!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute (granulated)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites and salt until stiff.
- Add Splenda gradually and beat until stiff and Splenda is dissolved.
- Add egg yolks. Beat until well blended.
- Sift together cornstarch, flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into two 8 inch greased and lined cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in cake pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- You can serve this with sliced strawberries (sprinkled with Splenda) or some sugar free raspberry jam spread inbetween the two layers and topped with (no sugar added) whipped cream.