1/4 Photos of Low Carb Lemon Mousse
2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
I had a guest on a low carb diet and she gave me this recipe. It's really lemony and delicious. There was a slight aspartime aftertaste, but for those trying to cut back on the carbs it's a great dessert! Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- 2Remove from heat and whisk in yolks one at a time.
- 3Beat in lemon juice, zest and 4 packets sugar substitute.
- 5Beat egg whites and extract with 1 packet sugar substitute.
- 6Fold into the chilled egg yolk mixture.
- 7Beat cream with vanilla extract and fold into the mixture.
- 8Fold into the chilled egg yolk mixture.
- 9Spoon into 8 serving cups (wine glasses work well) and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Lemon Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.5
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 304.0 mg
- Sodium 134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g