Recipe by Likkel
We enjoy blueberry muffins, but when we went low carb, we needed to find a recipe that would allow us this occasional treat. This was it!
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup low-carbohydrate baking mix (i.e. -- Atkins Baking Mix)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (granulated)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (if using frozen do not thaw before adding to the batter)
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, cream, water, butter, lemon peel and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in berries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
- *If you use Atkins Baking Mix and Splenda (not listed in the Nutrition Facts) the calories per muffin is 156.1 and the total carbs per muffin is close to 12.25g with the fiber at 2.8g so, 9.45g net carbs per muffin.