Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and grate your turnips with the small grate side of the grater.
- Place grated turnip in a tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Drop in a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop your onions - use a processor if possible. Add to turnip mixture.
- Lightly beat eggs add salt and pepper and combine with turnips and onions.
- Add flour a little at a time - you most likely won't need 2 tbspns -.
- In a frying pan pour enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan generously.
- Heat on medium LOW heat.
- Place by tablespoon (or thereabout) in the oil heated and slightly flatten.
- Cook until brown and crispy and flip to the other side. Remember your vegetables are raw so don't be in a hurry - cook fairly slowly.
- Remove from heat - place on napkin to absorb excess oil and sprinkle with additional seasoning of your choice.
- Latkes can be kept warm in a 250°F oven until ready to serve.