Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adapted this recipe from Todd Wilbur's version at www.topsecrets.com.
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 (1 g) packages Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- Chop the cabbage into very fine pieces about the size of rice kernels; I use the shredder on my food processor and then use the grater attachment. I find this works just perfectly.
- Then I process the carrot and onion at the same time.
- Dump all this into a large bowl.
- Combine the Splenda, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
This is delicious! Just made it for our super bowl Sunday (GO STEELERS!) and it's perfect. Tangy and sweet. Gonna go great with ribs. We aren't eating anything with cheese this superbowl....ha ha. Thanks for posting.
Excellent! But I tweaked it a bit because it is a little sweet - cut the splenda back to two packets then taste the dressing - if it is too tart you can always add a little more. For those of you allergic to splenda (like me) use 4 tsp sugar. This adds negligable calories per serving and tastes fine. Use a package of precut coleslaw (without dressing, of course) and the prep time and mess are minimal! Anna
I am sorry to say this did not work well for us. I used a pre-packaged bag of finely shredded cabbage and a pre-packaged bag of matchstick carrots. Finely minced the onion and added the dressing. I think the Splenda gave an overly sweet taste to the coleslaw and there wasnt much of a tangy flavor. I also added celery seed to the dressing.