Recipe by Katrina
I was searching the 'net for low carb. cheesecakes 'cuz my dad is on The Atkins diet. I came across this one and made it right away. My dad was so happy and he really enjoyed it, he even shared it the next day with my grandma and friends who are also on the Atkins diet.
Top Review by Shelly J.
What a great treat! It DOES have that Splenda aftertaste at first but you have to expect that. It's nice and light and tart. It reminds me of Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy Key Lime Pie yogurt which is my absolute favorite. But that's too high carb! This is fantastic.
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds (or walnuts, or pecans)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (it has the lowest carbs for some reason)
- 3 tablespoons key west lime juice
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust: Mix grounds nuts and 3 tbls.
- Splenda, add melted butter.
- Press on bottom of a pie plate.
- Let chill in refrigerator.
- MAke Filling: Mix water w/lime gelatin.
- Set in refrigerator to PARTIALLY set up.
- In a bowl, whip heavy cream (set aside).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, key lime juice and 1 cup Splenda until smooth.
- Very lightly mix in partially set lime gelatin.
- Fold in whipping cream.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Chill 2-3 hours.