I was searching the 'net for low carb. cheesecakes 'cuz my dad is on The Atkins diet. I came across this one and made it right away. My dad was so happy and he really enjoyed it, he even shared it the next day with my grandma and friends who are also on the Atkins diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (or walnuts, or pecans)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (it has the lowest carbs for some reason)
- 3 tablespoons key west lime juice
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1For Crust: Mix grounds nuts and 3 tbls.
- 2Splenda, add melted butter.
- 3Press on bottom of a pie plate.
- 4Let chill in refrigerator.
- 5MAke Filling: Mix water w/lime gelatin.
- 6Set in refrigerator to PARTIALLY set up.
- 7In a bowl, whip heavy cream (set aside).
- 8In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, key lime juice and 1 cup Splenda until smooth.
- 9Very lightly mix in partially set lime gelatin.
- 10Fold in whipping cream.
- 11Pour into pie shell.
- 12Chill 2-3 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for LOW CARB Key Lime Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 102.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g