Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This doesn't get syrupy, but it tastes just like the real thing, with hardly any calories. (Unless you add cream to it!)
- 473.18 ml vodka (use a good one, or suffer the headache!)
- 473.18 ml water
- 295.73 ml Splenda granular
- 22.18 ml vanilla extract
- 22.18 ml instant coffee
- Combine the water, splenda, vanilla and coffee in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the splenda and coffee are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the vodka.
- Cover and let cool.
- Store in an empty bottle with a screw top/resealable lid.
- Store in a cool dark place - best if stored about 30 days before drinking.
Yummm! Hit the spot. Just like the real thing! I made Kahlua and cream. I also tried adding some sugar free DaVinci Chocolate syrup for a mocha flavor. Reminded me of Baileys. I think I'll add a little mint extract so it tastes like the chocolate mint Baileys! So good.
I did not have instant coffee, so instead of that and water, I made some strong coffee and added the vodka, sweetener and vanilla to that. I did not have granulated splenda, so I used packets. Since I cut the recipe in half, I would've needed 12 packets, but 10 was enough for me. These small tweaks don't make much difference and this low carb Kahlua went great in my Mind Erasers. In a small cup of ice, layer 1/2 oz vodka, 1 oz Kahlua, and 1.5 oz of club soda. Use a straw cut in half (put both halves in the cup) and slurp it down quick. Yum! Thanks for the handy recipe!
I made this and loved it. No it isn't syrupy sweet, but still very good with some heavy cream. Some friends tasted it and loved it also and they are not low carbers. If you miss Kahlua this will hit the spot. Plus it is SO simple to make