Recipe by A la Carte
This doesn't get syrupy, but it tastes just like the real thing, with hardly any calories. (Unless you add cream to it!)
Top Review by KarenCooksAlot
Yummm! Hit the spot. Just like the real thing! I made Kahlua and cream. I also tried adding some sugar free DaVinci Chocolate syrup for a mocha flavor. Reminded me of Baileys. I think I'll add a little mint extract so it tastes like the chocolate mint Baileys! So good.
- 2 cups vodka (use a good one, or suffer the headache!)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, splenda, vanilla and coffee in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the splenda and coffee are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the vodka.
- Cover and let cool.
- Store in an empty bottle with a screw top/resealable lid.
- Store in a cool dark place - best if stored about 30 days before drinking.