Recipe by Chef Jewel
My husband and I love Japanese curry but have changed to a low carb eating plan. He was searching for low carb and found "Mock Rice" grated cauliflower. I started looking for Japanese curry recipes. Came across http://www.food.com/recipe/japanese-curry-rice-238880?scaleto=4&mode=null&st=true and altered it to fit our dietary needs :-9
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon (You could use 3 cups of Chicken broth and omit the water as well)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large fresh cauliflower, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl add 3 cups of water and add the bouillon if using broth just measure out 3 cups.
- Slice the remaining two onions very thinly.
- Heat butter in another pan and saute onion slices until they are brown for 15-20 minutes add coconut oil midway through cooking time.
- Add the garlic and the ginger to the pan and saute well.
- Add flour, curry powder and garam masala saute over low heat.
- Slowly pour the broth into the pan, little by little, stirring quickly.
- Simmer the curry roux until thickened.
- In a saute pan saute chicken until lightly browned about 15 minutes add to curry mixture and simmer for an addition 20 minutes over medium low heat.
- grated the cauliflower and steam in the microwave for 5 minutes WITHOUT water.
- Serve curry over cauliflower and enjoy.