Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really good and surprisingly mild. When on a low-carb diet they add some zip to some sometimes bland meals.
- 1 lb jalapeno pepper
- 1 bunch scallion, green tops only, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split jalepeno pepper down the side, but keep the stem in tact (wear gloves).
- With your thumb or a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds and membrane leaving a pocket in which to stuff. Blend cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, and garlic powder. Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture and place on a sprayed baking sheet and top with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the peppers are softened and cheese is melted. Let sit a few minutes for the cheese to set up before eating.
These are "HOT" (fantastic)! No need for any other popper recipe! Your search stops here! I actually just used some chopped onion since I didn't have scallions. These are so good! We even mixed some leftovers into our scrambled eggs the next morning. Thanks for the recipe!
This were absolutely delicious! My husband, daughter and I were fighting over the last few. I highly recommend this recipe.
I didn't have garlic powder so I used one very large clove of garlic, which I minced, and two cups of cheddar cheese instead of one because I prefer cheddar cheese poppers (it made a great crispy crunch when it spilled over the edges and browned on the pan).
I also cut the jalapenos in half the day before making them, which cuts down on the heat considerably. The fresher the jalapeno the hotter (and some are just hotter than others). Wasn't sure what the bunch of green onions was supposed to amount to so I used about three tablespoons minced.
I thought they were great. If I wasn't doing a low carb diet I would have added some panko on top.
Loved it. Thanks. P.S. Made them again, already, and I can't stop eating them. These are the bomb.