Recipe by jovigirl
These are really good and surprisingly mild. When on a low-carb diet they add some zip to some sometimes bland meals.
Top Review by gdlehman
These are "HOT" (fantastic)! No need for any other popper recipe! Your search stops here! I actually just used some chopped onion since I didn't have scallions. These are so good! We even mixed some leftovers into our scrambled eggs the next morning. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 lb jalapeno pepper
- 1 bunch scallion, green tops only, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split jalepeno pepper down the side, but keep the stem in tact (wear gloves).
- With your thumb or a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds and membrane leaving a pocket in which to stuff. Blend cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, and garlic powder. Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture and place on a sprayed baking sheet and top with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the peppers are softened and cheese is melted. Let sit a few minutes for the cheese to set up before eating.