Recipe by REALtorFOOD
Hearty and filling yet very low carb friendly.
Top Review by CJAY
Loved this sausage stew! I made it as written but subbed spinach for the bok choy. Great flavor and easy to make. I served it with tossed salad and garlic bread for a terrific Italian meal. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2013.
- 1 (16 ounce) package sweet Italian sausage links
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, Sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, Sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup celery rib, Diced
- 2 cups bok choy, Chopped
- 10 mushrooms, Halved
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a lasagna pan, layer Italian Sausages, Onions, Peppers, Garlic and drizzle with 2 TBS of Olive Oil.
- Cover pan with foil and bake in 425 degree oven for 45 minutes (remove foil for last 15 minutes to brown sausages slightly.
- Remove Sausages from mixture and slice into bite sized coins.
- In a stew pot, sautee celery in remaining 1 TBS of olive oil 5 minute Add bok choy and sautee until softened, add mushrooms and can of tomatoes, bring to simmer.
- Toss pepper, garlic and onion mixture with sausage coins and add to stew pot.
- Stir in oregano and salt, cover and let simmer for 1 hour, stiring frequently so it does not stick.