Recipe by Mercy
Use deli-sliced roast beef for these super easy and super cheesy stuffed beef rolls in tomato gravy!
Top Review by derickson324
This was exellent! It tastes just like manicotti. My husband, who just started low-carbing, said he would definitely eat it again. We added some sliced sauteed mushrooms which was a nice touch. This much filling, though, is enough for two pounds of sliced roast beef. I had half left over. It should keep in the fridge long enough for me to make this again next week!
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb sliced deli roast beef (dimensions of about 5"x9-inch)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar low-carb spaghetti sauce (Paul Newman's brand is great!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning, and half the mozzarella.
- Mix well.
- Place a spoonful of mixture onto a slice of roast beef and roll up longwise with a shorter width (it isn't necessary to fasten these with toothpicks).
- Repeat with remaining beef.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place the beef rolls in the dish, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the beef rolls.
- Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Add the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for an additional 5 minutes, uncovered, until cheese is melted.