Recipe by Bogey'sMom
Again, low carb boredom brought this on. Strawberries have carbs, but are allowed in moderation on most low carb, high protein diets. You could substitute any frozen fruit if carbs aren't the concern, but sugar is.
- 2 lbs frozen strawberries
- 2 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute (approximately)
- 4 cups low-carb milk (or 1 ( 1 mixture low carb milk and half & half, approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the frozen strawberries with a generous amount of Splenda into a tall, narrow container (like an old plastic ice cream container).
- Pour 2 cups of the milk over this.
- With an immersion blender, start mashing and mixing the berries and milk, adding more milk as needed and the rest of the Splenda (use more Splenda or less to your taste).
- As the mixture softens and blends, you can press deeper and deeper with the blender until it is all combined and the consistency of ice cream. Stop and taste as you go, adding more Splenda as needed.
- Serve like ice cream.