Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For variety, shredded cheese, finely chopped shrimp or crab meat can be added to the batter. You may need a touch more water in order to get the right consistency.
- 1 cup Atkins baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup water (more or less)
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (minced) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oil for deep frying to 350°F
- Start out by combining the bake mix, cream and 1/4 cup water. Keep adding water, a little at time, until it forms a very thick (spoonable) batter/dough.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoons full into hot oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain very well.
these sound good!!! check out my recipe for jalapeno hushpuppies!!!