Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Although this recipe is easy to make, it has a great, complex taste-and it's low carb too. My family loves it, and I hope you do too.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Melt butter over medium heat, using a large pot.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, paprika, soy sauce and dill weed.
- Reduce to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream into soup and blend well.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, lemon juice and sour cream.
- Heat through for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Tasty soup on a cold day. I really enjoyed this recipe especially since it was low carb. It's hard to find low carb recipes and this one fit the bill. I made the recipe exactly as it called for, I was please with the results however I don't believe the number of servings is marked appropriately. This made no more then 4.5 cups and with a cup per person...it doesn't equate to the 6 servings this recipe is posted. Please make note of the portions and plan accordingly. Thank you very much for teh recipe, I will definately be making this again and will be sharing this with others.
Very good soup. I doubled the recipe (mushrooms were on sale) and used 2% milk with just a little half and half since that is what I had on hand. When I sauteed the mushrooms, I went a little longer than five minutes, I sauteed them until they were squeaky and released their water. I admittedly used a low quality paprika, the bottom shelf stuff, and I was worried about that, but the soup is still delish. I also added a generous amount of cayenne, to compensate for the low quality of the paprika, and to add some heat. I made the chicken broth with Better than Boullion paste. My soup is a bit thinner than it would be if I had used heavy cream, but the flavors are still yummy.
Very rich, delicious soup! We wanted a vegetable and some meat so I added some zucchini and Italian sausage. Because of the additions I added another cup of chicken broth and a little extra on some of the other ingredients. Wonderful treat on a low carb diet.