This is a great goulash that is free of sugar. We usually serve this over spaghetti squash but have also served over mock rice cauliflower. I make it in the crock pot and will add whatever vegetables I have on hand like mushrooms, string beans, etc
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 29.58 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1360.77 g beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 354.88 ml water or 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- vegetables, of your choice (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic in oil until soft, stirring frequently. Remove and set aside. Brown meat.
- In a crock pot, combine the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.