1/1 Photo of Low Carb Hot Cereal
Siobhan M's Note:
This is my variation of a recipe for TVP "Oatmeal" that I found on About.com. I've added a few things, and it contains a grand total of 10 net grams of carbohydrates, 12 grams of fiber. And it's really good stuff!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup textured vegetable protein ((TVP))
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 3 packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1Put TVP and soy milk in a 1 qt bowl, microwave on High for 3 minutes.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap, let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add water if needed.
- 4Reheat with 1 minute in the microwave on High.
- 5Add remaining ingredients and any optional additions that you'd like.
- 6Stir until butter is melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Hot Cereal
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 193.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein