Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
While almond butter can be made from raw nuts, roasting the nuts just prior to making the butter considerably enhances both flavor and aroma. Directions for roasting are below.
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unrefined vegetable oil
- To roast the almonds:.
- Spread them in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 300ºF for about 20 minutes.
- Stir a couple of times to assure even roasting.
- Making the butter:.
- Combine the almonds and salt in a food processor, blender, meat grinder or nut butter machine and process until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the oil and continue processing until the almond butter reaches your desired degree of smoothness, adding more oil if necessary.
- For chunky butter, stir in 1/4 cup chopped almonds. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
- Substitute Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts or macadamia nuts for the almonds.
- Or combine two or more of these nuts in any proportion.