Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Since I have a major sweet tooth, I developed this recipe to help keep myself on track as I use the Lean for Life program to lose weight as I approach 50.
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated (to taste)
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- In a food processor combine the remaining ingredients.
- Fold egg white into cottage cheese mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 2 small (about 5" diameter) ungreased ramekins.
- Bake at 300 for about 30 minutes, or until knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
It took a little longer to bake these and they were sour with small chunks. I made 8 servings, my husband and mom did not like either. Maybe I did something wrong? Seemed pretty simple. Sorry