Just threw this together from the ingredients I had on hand. I think the ones fried in coconut oil tasted even better than the butter ones. Hope you like them, they really made my morning :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free syrup (I used pineapple flavour)
- 1 (1 g) packet True Lemon crystals
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- oil (both are good, ev coconut oil was better) or butter (both are good, ev coconut oil was better)
- 1Mix all the pancake ingredients together.
- 2Heat frying pan over medium heat, add a little butter or oil.
- 3Once oil is hot add batter to make little pancakes. I made 3 in one frying pan.
- 4Give it 2 minutes or so then check them and gently flip them over and cook for another few minutes.
- 5While these are frying you can put together your sauce.
- 6In a small saucepan add all the sauce ingredients, cover, bring to a boil then reduce to low heat and let simmer while you cook the pancakes.
- 7If it gets too thick just add a little water, if it gets too thin just take the cover off and let it reduce to desired consistency.
- 8Pour sauce over the finished pancakes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb High Protein Lemon Pancakes With Berry Banana Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.3
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 235.0 mg
- Sodium 302.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
True Lemon crystals
sugar-free banana syrup