Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick low carb dinner which my kids love! I generally serve the gravy over cooked cauliflower that I've semi-mashed up with a fork (to resemble rice) or over low carb noodles. For those who aren't counting their carbs, I serve this over rice or mashed potatoes. I love that it is easy, quick and well received!
- 2 lbs hamburger or 2 lbs bulk sausage
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups water
- 1 pint sour cream
- Brown the hamburger over medium high, until there is no pink remaining and then add the celery and mushrooms, stirring and continuing to cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in the flour and let it simmer on low for a couple of minutes, allowing the flour to turn a light golden brown.
- Add the soup mix and beef broth to the ground beef mixture. Stirring continually as it thickens. Once it has thickened remove from heat and add the sour cream, stirring until the sour cream is well blended and the mixture re-thickens.
- Serve over cooked (slightly mashed cauliflower or low carb noodles) or, if you are not counting carbs over rice or mashed potatoes.