Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This is a low carb version of a hamburger bun or sandwich roll. Only 3 net carbs per roll. I got this recipe from http://lowcarbeating.com and it's pretty tasty.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
- Mix together and put in a the microwave and nuke for 1 minute or until center is set. Leave it in the bowl for another minute then turn it out on a cooling rack and let it cool.
- Once it has cooled take a long bread knife and slice the bun in half and make your hamburger as usual.
I cook at a small burger joint and because of my low carb diet, I only eat a burger without a bun...when fully cooled and slightly dried out it works very well...toasting and cheese on the heel helps the bun from disintegrating
this is a great substitute for a burger bun when eating low carb, mine was a bit thin, I should of used a smaller dish but overall it was good. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC fall 2011
Wow! It's delicious! I just split it to have with a black bean quinoa burger and it is so good! Next time I will mix the baking powder with the flax to make sure it gets distributed as I have small chunks of it in my bun. Margerine for butter.