Recipe by Katie Y
This is a low carb version of a hamburger bun or sandwich roll. Only 3 net carbs per roll. I got this recipe from http://lowcarbeating.com and it's pretty tasty.
Top Review by T W.
It's good but too much fat for some. My modification (only 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of egg whites to substitute for the missing butter) is also good and saves 100 calories of fat.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together and put in a the microwave and nuke for 1 minute or until center is set. Leave it in the bowl for another minute then turn it out on a cooling rack and let it cool.
- Once it has cooled take a long bread knife and slice the bun in half and make your hamburger as usual.