Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Low Carb - Super Easy and Tastes Awesome
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, washed
- 1⁄2 cup tiny diced carrot
- 1 minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil - reduce heat and allow soup to gently simmer for approximately 2 hours stirring occasionally. The closer to 2 hours this soup cooks the better it tastes.
- Approximately 6 grams of carbs per serving.
Delicious! I didn't have 2 cans of black beans so I added I can of black beans and one can of white northern beans and it was amazing! Will definitely make this often for a low carb diet.
Pretty Tasty! I added white beans with the black beans. Hubby enjoyed, but a bit too spicy for him. Easy to make. Next time I will put less spice in it. Over all, very good.
Whether you call it low carb or not, this is the most flavorful black bean soup I have had for a long time. I pretty much followed the recipe except I used 1/2 the salt and only cooked it 1 hour (I was afraid most of the broth would evaporate) but left it on the burner for another hour to go do some errands. When I came back, it was heavenly!!