Are you doing a low carb diet? Missing sandwiches? Try this grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and a nutty crunchy shell.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour (for dredging)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup finely ground almonds or 3/4 cup walnuts or 3/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or 2 tablespoons thyme or 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 beefsteak tomato (sliced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese or 8 slices gruyere or 8 slices havarti cheese or 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1Set up three plates or shallow bowls and fill one with the flour, one with the eggs, and one with the ground nuts and herbs.
- 2Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season each slice of tomato with salt and pepper, then sandwich each slice between two slices of cheese. Carefully toss each bundle in the flour, then the egg and then the ground nuts to coat.
- 3Place each bundle into the skillet and cook until the nuts are golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.0
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 472.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: