Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this receipe tonight, for the first time, and my husband and I LOVED it! So, of course, I had to post it here on Zaar! This is a nice twist on meatloaf (in, fact, I don't even like meatloaf, but I loved this)! It is incredibly flavorful, almost addicting (I know my husband could not stop eating it, and actually requested that we make this a weekly affair), and also inexpensive, and fairly easy to make. It is a perfect low carb main dish, and would be great with a variety of side dishes. Please also feel free to experiment with the spices, as these measurements are just estimates (I just used them all, to taste). Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (or more)
- Mix the ground beef, eggs, and spices together in large bowl.
- Roll out the ground beef mixture into a flat square on a large sheet of wax paper.
- Sprinkle with cheese and one can green chiles (leave additional cheese for topping).
- Roll the wax paper, with the meatloaf in the middle, until the meatloaf shapes into a loaf shape. Carefully unfold the wax paper, around the meatloaf, and remove.
- Gently twist the ends of the meatloaf, so that the cheese and chiles do not leak out, while cooking.
- Place in standard loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with additional spices, if desired.
- Top with geen chiles, sour cream, and additional cheese.
- Bake in 400 oven for 45 mins to one hour.
I did not care for this meatloaf. It was too dense...maybe 1 egg would have been enough? Also, the green chilis and the cheese were not too noticeable. I probably won't make this again.