Recipe by Helping Hands
I made this receipe tonight, for the first time, and my husband and I LOVED it! So, of course, I had to post it here on Zaar! This is a nice twist on meatloaf (in, fact, I don't even like meatloaf, but I loved this)! It is incredibly flavorful, almost addicting (I know my husband could not stop eating it, and actually requested that we make this a weekly affair), and also inexpensive, and fairly easy to make. It is a perfect low carb main dish, and would be great with a variety of side dishes. Please also feel free to experiment with the spices, as these measurements are just estimates (I just used them all, to taste). Enjoy!
Top Review by Scrivener1
I did not care for this meatloaf. It was too dense...maybe 1 egg would have been enough? Also, the green chilis and the cheese were not too noticeable. I probably won't make this again.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground beef, eggs, and spices together in large bowl.
- Roll out the ground beef mixture into a flat square on a large sheet of wax paper.
- Sprinkle with cheese and one can green chiles (leave additional cheese for topping).
- Roll the wax paper, with the meatloaf in the middle, until the meatloaf shapes into a loaf shape. Carefully unfold the wax paper, around the meatloaf, and remove.
- Gently twist the ends of the meatloaf, so that the cheese and chiles do not leak out, while cooking.
- Place in standard loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with additional spices, if desired.
- Top with geen chiles, sour cream, and additional cheese.
- Bake in 400 oven for 45 mins to one hour.