Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great side dish! With a few changes this can actually be turned into a main dish. Very versatile basic dish. Number of servings based on what you do with it. As a side dish the serving # is 6.
- 1 small green cabbage, cored and diced, about 6 cups
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup stock, of choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (shiitake or oyster, if possible)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed into
- 1⁄8 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a covered pot over high heat, steam the cabbage in the stock for 5 minutes until it is just wilted, or done to your liking, and still bright green.
- Remove from heat and remove cover.
- While the cabbage cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok, and sauté the onion and mushrooms until they brown.
- Add the cabbage and heat through, mixing well.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture well and add it to skillet.
- Bring mixture to boil, stirring, until liquid thickens.
- Reduce heat and season to taste with dill, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in some red cabbage for a more colorful presentation.
- You could actually mix several different "cabbages", such are Bok Choy and Napa.
- Last Step Addins:.
- Some Browned Polish sausage slices/chunks, or even franks!
- How about adding some browned/cooked hamburg and/or sausage.