Nana Lee's Note:
Great side dish! With a few changes this can actually be turned into a main dish. Very versatile basic dish. Number of servings based on what you do with it. As a side dish the serving # is 6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small green cabbage, cored and diced, about 6 cups
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup stock, of choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 lb mushroom (shiitake or oyster, if possible)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed into
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1In a covered pot over high heat, steam the cabbage in the stock for 5 minutes until it is just wilted, or done to your liking, and still bright green.
- 2Remove from heat and remove cover.
- 3While the cabbage cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok, and sauté the onion and mushrooms until they brown.
- 4Add the cabbage and heat through, mixing well.
- 5Stir the cornstarch mixture well and add it to skillet.
- 6Bring mixture to boil, stirring, until liquid thickens.
- 7Reduce heat and season to taste with dill, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- 9Mix in some red cabbage for a more colorful presentation.
- 10You could actually mix several different "cabbages", such are Bok Choy and Napa.
- 11Last Step Addins:.
- 12Some Browned Polish sausage slices/chunks, or even franks!
- 13How about adding some browned/cooked hamburg and/or sausage.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Green Cabbage and Mushrooms L-C-F
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: