Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick and easy recipe uses green beans as a substitute for pasta.
- 16 ounces frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook beans according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the ground beef with the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic; drain fat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bring to boil then simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve 1 cup meat sauce over about 1 cup green beans per serving.
- Top with each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.