Recipe by Mercy
What is there not to like? Rich cheese, green beans and mayonnaise with lots of extra flavors rolled into one decadent dish.
Top Review by bonnie0128
The whole family loved these beans! I used half cheddar and half mozzarella. This recipe fits into our low carb lifestyle perfectly....thanks! update...this has quickly become our favorite way to eat veggies! My entire family loves them - including extended family that we've had over for dinner. I always double the recipe and bake it in a 9x13 pan. I never use the mushrooms as I don't like them) and often add about 1/2-1 pound bacon that has been baked til crispy then crumbled. I am making this for both of our Thanksgivings this year. Make sure you cook the celery until it is VERY soft and dice as small as possible so the flavor blends best. I have also added a red/green bell pepper to the dish for extra veggies and it lends a great flavor enhancement. Just dice it small too and saute with the celery and onion.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained well
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, sliced, sep into rings
- 2 stalks celery, sliced small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced cheese (cheddar, jack, pepper jack, cream - your choice)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder