1/3 Photos of Low Carb German-Style Pork Roast
7 hrs 30 mins
half yank's Note:
This one is an A+ for sure! You'll never believe you're eating low carb! Taken from better homes and gardens low carb phase 1 cookbook. cook time depends on which setting you use on your slow cooker. I am using the longest time on low, so those who work can do it early and cook it all day, and come home to the wonderful smells of supper! Its 7 hours on low, or 3 1/2 hours on high.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine caraway seeds, marjoram, salt and pepper. sprinkle mixture over all sides of meat. Rub this into the roast with your fingers.
- 2In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- 3Drain off fat. Place meat in slow cooker.
- 4Add water to skillet; bring to boiling, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour skillet juices and vinegar into cooker.
- 5Cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours or high heat for 3/1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Remove meat from cooker, and keep warm.
- 6For gravy, skim fat from juices; measure 1/1/4 cups juices (add water if necessary to make 1 1/4 cups). Pour juices into a small saucepan; bring to boiling.
- 7In a medium bowl combine sour cream and arrowroot. Stir hot juices into sour cream mixture; return to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened. (Do not boil). Slice meat and serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb German-Style Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.6
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.4 mg
- Sodium 431.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar