Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
I found this wonderful low-carb bread at Great Harvest Bread Company and now my life is complete. I used to make a ciabatta broiled cheesebread, but it was a no-no on low carb. Give this a try, it's simple and delicious.
- 2 slices low-carb bread
- minced garlic (my choice) or garlic spray, to taste (my choice)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (optional)
- Spread or spray bread with garlic.
- Spread mayo to cover bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese, pine nuts and red pepper.
- Place under broiler until golden brown.
- Slice in bite size pieces.
Loved this. I didn't use the pine nuts or the red pepper but I did use a little margarine mixed in with the mayo and 45 cal (9g carb) bread. I would happily eat this even if I weren't having to eat a diet of very low carb for gestational diabetes. Loved it.
Well, since I work about 100 yards from Great Harvest Bread Company (in Seattle) I had to try it! It was fabulous, I love the addition of the pine nuts! Thanks Jan Marie!
Oh my Gosh!! You might have just saved my life!! or at lease made it more bearable. Low-Carb bread!! Now if I can just figure out where they sell it, were in business!! Kimberly