Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can eat rich creamy fudge AND stay on your diet? What more is there to love?!
Make and share this Low Carb Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (2 squares)
- 24 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (not fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetener and vanilla.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and spread in lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
We loved this! Quick and easy to make. Instead of sweetener packets, I used 16 tablespoons of bulk Splenda, and it came out perfect. Loved by low-carbers and non-low-carbers alike in our household. Thanks for posting!!
I followed this exactly but for some reason mine started to kind of clump or curdle. It did not turn out silky smooth like when you melt chocolate. I did not have sugar free chocolate so I used 90% cocoa lindt chocolate. Is this why? Consistency looks like chocolate cottage cheese :(
Unfortunately it is not too healthy with splenda OR equal. No artificial sweetener is HEALTHY. I did try it using all natural baking type Stevia, by Raw Stevia. I did not have to make any adjustments and it can out fairly good.<br/>A couple of additional changes I make is to use coconut oil rather than butter, and coconut cream rather than cream cheese. This makes it MUCH more healthy, vegan, and even able to suite those with milk sensitivities.