Recipe by MNLisaB
Low carb friendly version of a fun summer treat, this is a pretty dish to bring to pot lucks or picnics, it is really a cheesecake with a nut crust. I adapted this from a recipe posted by Bob on low carb site, tried it over July 4th holiday and it was a winner. For the sugar free sweetner, I used a mix of granular Splenda and sugar free French vanilla syrup, which you can find in the coffee aisle of any supermarket.
- 709.77 ml almond meal
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml sugar free artificial sweetener, divided into halves
- 453.59 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml whipped cream
- sliced fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- For the crust, mix the almond meal, melted butter and 1/2 cup of sugar free sweetner.
- Spread mixture into 11 inch pizza pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, cool in freezer or at room temperature.
- For the filling, in a medium bowl, blend the softened cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup of sweetner, vanilla extract and beaten egg until well mixed.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325*.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the well cooled crust in the pizza pan.
- Place the pizza pan in a water bath of less than 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake at 325* for about 35 minutes until done but not brown.
- Cool and before serving, top with whipped cream, then add your favorite fruits.
- Cut into even slices.