Low carb friendly version of a fun summer treat, this is a pretty dish to bring to pot lucks or picnics, it is really a cheesecake with a nut crust. I adapted this from a recipe posted by Bob on low carb site, tried it over July 4th holiday and it was a winner. For the sugar free sweetner, I used a mix of granular Splenda and sugar free French vanilla syrup, which you can find in the coffee aisle of any supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2For the crust, mix the almond meal, melted butter and 1/2 cup of sugar free sweetner.
- 3Spread mixture into 11 inch pizza pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes, cool in freezer or at room temperature.
- 5For the filling, in a medium bowl, blend the softened cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup of sweetner, vanilla extract and beaten egg until well mixed.
- 6Lower the oven temperature to 325*.
- 7Spread the cheese mixture onto the well cooled crust in the pizza pan.
- 8Place the pizza pan in a water bath of less than 1/2 inch of water.
- 9Bake at 325* for about 35 minutes until done but not brown.
- 10Cool and before serving, top with whipped cream, then add your favorite fruits.
- 11Cut into even slices.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Fruit Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.5
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: