Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I found this recipe on line. I can't recall where. I do remember him saying it was a doubled and Modified version of a Splenda recipe. And dang this guy did a good job!
- 2 cups non-fat powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups splenda artificial sweetener
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered fat-free non-diary coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄3 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl, and mix with a spoon until well blended. Storing the blend in an air-tight container keeps it tasting good.
- Buy larger quantities of the ingredients because it's less expensive and you've got a ready supply of raw materials if you open the container and find it empty.
- Making Cocoa.
- Heat your water and spoon up 5 teaspoons of hot cocoa mix into a mug and add about a teaspoon of skim milk. Using the teaspoon, blend the milk and dry cocoa mix together until it forms a smooth, thick cocoa sludge in the bottom of the mug. now add your hot water and blend thoroughly.
- This trick of adding milk and creating a cocoa sludge creates a smoother cup of cocoa, than if you simply added the cocoa mix to hot water.
This recipe makes a great cocoa ~ and I loved the idea of making the 'sludge' before completely blending it ~ came out smooth and creamy. Wonderful flavor and I liked that it was also diabetic friendly. Thanks Lycoris, made for COMFORT CAFE ~ SNOWQUEEN'S ROUND, January 2010!