Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this looking for a way to bread shrimp without the ridiculous number of carbs in flour and/or cornmeal. We love it.
- 2 cups Atkins baking mix
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 20 ounces peeled deveined, tails on shrimp
- oil (for frying)
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine baking mix and Old Bay - adjust amount of Old Bay to your own taste.
- Toss shrimp in breading mixture to coat.
- Fry in oil preheated in deep skillet on stove. Shrimp should only take 2 mins or so to fry.
- Top lightly with fresh ground pepper.