Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
I miss bread most of all when I am low-carbing. This does the trick! I have made egg sandwiches, turkey sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo. Pepperoni sandwiches with mustard. Or just toast and butter it to eat with breakfast. Each slice is 1.3 NET grams of carbs and is full of fiber. Try it you'll like it!
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 dashes salt (optional, i like things a bit saltier so I use this)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix the dry ingredients in a 1 pound loaf pan until very well mixed. Add eggs and oli and mix well. Top with cheese.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Slice the loaf in half long ways, then each half in half making 4 pieces.
- You can toast this or not.
Thank you so much for this recipe!! I miss my bread and this is exactly what I needed. This bread was so quick and easy to make that it was my husband who decided he was going to be the first to try out this recipe. In three minutes flat the bread was done and we were once again enjoying a chicken salad sandwich. This bread's coarse texture and flavor reminds me of rye bread. Simply delicious!
In need for something quick, I was craving something to dip in my eggs. I was pleasantly surprised with this flat bread. In the style of focaccia it is very versatile and tastes quite nice toasted. The reason why I'm giving if 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the microwave cooking and color. It was not very appealing to look at once it was microwaved but toasted the appearance is more traditional. Now only if someone can convert the recipe for the oven then I would give it 5 stars. Thank you for posting this recipe I will definitely make again!