Recipe by purplebecca
A good bread replacement when doing a low carb diet. All of the carbohydrate in the flax meal is fiber. Plus flax is super good for you! Great as a sandwich, with jelly, or with some edamame hummus. This is adapted from a recipe found on about.com.
Top Review by hellomrlucky
I've made some modification to the original recipe. Replaced salt with ground cinnamon and artificial sweetener to natural stevia! Enjoy!
1/3 cup of melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup of filtered water
1 tablespoon of stevia (zero calorie natural sweetener)
1 table spoon of baking powder (Aluminum-free)
5 eggs beaten brown organic cage-free Omega-3
2 cups of fresh ground flax seed
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix with fork or whisk.
- Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients.
- Mix, making sure eggs integrate well.
- Let sit for five minutes.
- Spread on greased cookie sheet or silicone mat to desired thickness, I like it to be about 9 x 10 inches.
- Bake 10-15 minute.