Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A sinful decadent treat for low carbers and diabetics!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup good whiskey
- For the flan, preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter a pie dish with a little butter, oil or pan spray.
- Pour the cream into a sauce pan and heat until scalded (little bubbles form around the edges).
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Splenda.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool briefly.
- Beat each egg into the mixture separately, beating until thoroughly mixed after each addition.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- The custard should be set and firm.
- Allow to cool and server topped with warm whiskey sauce.
- For the whiskey sauce, melt the butter in the top of a double boiler over hot but not boiling water.
- Mix the sweetener and egg together, then add to melted butter.
- Stir to combine, then cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring, until egg is cooked.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool before stirring in whiskey.