A sinful decadent treat for low carbers and diabetics!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the flan, preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Butter a pie dish with a little butter, oil or pan spray.
- 3Pour the cream into a sauce pan and heat until scalded (little bubbles form around the edges).
- 4Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Splenda.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and let cool briefly.
- 6Beat each egg into the mixture separately, beating until thoroughly mixed after each addition.
- 7Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 8The custard should be set and firm.
- 9Allow to cool and server topped with warm whiskey sauce.
- 10For the whiskey sauce, melt the butter in the top of a double boiler over hot but not boiling water.
- 11Mix the sweetener and egg together, then add to melted butter.
- 12Stir to combine, then cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring, until egg is cooked.
- 13Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool before stirring in whiskey.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Flan With Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.1
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 38.8 g
- Cholesterol 455.2 mg
- Sodium 305.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g