Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious low carb version of my neices lovely recipe: Fettuccine with Chicken and Bell Pepper Cream Sauce #143168. We serve ours over Miracle Noodles (no carbs), but it can also be served over low carb pasta or regular pasta for guests not counting carbs!
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml dry crushed red pepper
- 236.59 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 354.88 ml chicken stock
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Cut each chicken breast into several strips, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add green and red bell peppers and onion to same skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 4 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken stock. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Cut chicken into thin strips and add to sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add basil and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate and then season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- *For those not on a low carb diet, you can serve this over 8 oz. fettuccini. Just cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Serve sauce over pasta.
- Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
Made this dish with leftover roast chicken. Absolutely delicious. Low carbing so served over sheritaki noodles. I will try again with shrimp.