1 hr 10 mins
This is a delicious low carb version of my neices lovely recipe: Fettuccine with Chicken and Bell Pepper Cream Sauce #143168. We serve ours over Miracle Noodles (no carbs), but it can also be served over low carb pasta or regular pasta for guests not counting carbs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1Cut each chicken breast into several strips, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- 2Add green and red bell peppers and onion to same skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 4 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken stock. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- 3Cut chicken into thin strips and add to sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add basil and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate and then season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4*For those not on a low carb diet, you can serve this over 8 oz. fettuccini. Just cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Serve sauce over pasta.
- 5Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Fettuccine With Chicken and Bell Pepper Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 151.7 mg
- Sodium 374.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g