Recipe by Likkel
This is a delicious low carb version of my neices lovely recipe: Fettuccine with Chicken and Bell Pepper Cream Sauce #143168. We serve ours over Miracle Noodles (no carbs), but it can also be served over low carb pasta or regular pasta for guests not counting carbs!
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast into several strips, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add green and red bell peppers and onion to same skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 4 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken stock. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Cut chicken into thin strips and add to sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add basil and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate and then season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- *For those not on a low carb diet, you can serve this over 8 oz. fettuccini. Just cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Serve sauce over pasta.
- Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.