Recipe by Nasseh
low carb & delicious
Top Review by 2Bleu
Other than the amounts being off a bit, this is a pretty tasty dish. The can of Enchilada sauce we bought was 14 oz and still was not enough (usually 1 can covers the top and bottom of the casserole) but since some sauce was used in the filling, and I still had to use some for the bottom of the pan, I adjusted it by using Pace Picante sauce to the top with the little remaining enchilada sauce. I used shredded chicken rather than ground and also added some adobo seasoning and chopped jalapenos to the mix (we like it spicy). It also needed about 1/2 cup more cheese. We got 6 enchiladas. Overall a great recipe, just be sure and get 2 cans of sauce next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe, made for PRMR
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 low-carb tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt & pepper along with the onion powder. Brown until no longer pink.
- Mix chicken with refried beans, 1/2 the enchilada sauce, sour cream and 2/3 cup cheese.
- Fill tortillas with the chicken mixture then place into a glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Cook at 375 for 20 minutes.